Sunday, April 29, 2012

War Horse By: Michael Morpurgo

Ivy has review for you! War Horse by Michael Morpurgo. For those of you have seen the movie but havent red the book or vis versa, the book isn't the same as the movie. It has many simular parts but isn't word for word.


WHAT IS IT ABOUT: It is 1914, the start of World War I. Joey, a farm horse is sold to the army and put on the Western War Front. As Joey is sent off he misses his Albert, the farmers son, he was forced to leave behind. The beautiful red-bay horse is trained to charge the enemy, drag heavy artillery, and carry woulded soliders off the battle feild. Amongst the gun sounds, and while pulling carts through cold mud, Joey wonders if the war will ever end and will he every see his Albert again.
WHAT I LIKED: I liked that most of the people in the book were nice to the horses.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: Even though I know it is based on a true story, I hate that alll those horses and men had to die.
FAVORITE CHARACTER: All the horses. They did so much, from pulling carts, carrying the men, and so much more, they stayed strong.
LEAST FAVORITE CHARACTER: I don't know. Because it was a war and all. There wasn't really a side or person a disliked.
FAVORITE SCENE: (SPOILER ALERT) That Joey and Albert were reunited.
LEAST FAVORITE SCENE: There was one horse that was friends with Joey, the scene where he died.
AGE I WOULD RECCOMEND: I think like 13. Just because of the fighting and the horse dying.
RATING: 5 out of 5 stars.

I loved this book! I saw the movie as well and was so excited to read the book! I would strongly urge you to read the book.

Ivy

No comments:

Post a Comment