Friday, May 18, 2012

Insurgent by Veronica Roth Review

Hey everyone! This is Lily blogging here!

Recently I finished Insurgent by Veronica Roth. Insurgent is the sequel to Divergent. The third book in the trilogy won't be out for another year or so. So let's get started on the review. :)


WHAT IT WAS ABOUT: I'm not going to give anything away since it is the sequel.
WHAT I LIKED: I liked how there was new characters and a new plot. I also liked how you got to see more of different factions, especially that of Candor.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: They can't leave that cliffhanger ending like that for a YEAR! Also, some parts weren't very clear and were way to confusing for me. And just like with Catching Fire and Mockingjay, it took me about 100 pages to really get into it. I will tell you one thing though, it does get better!
MY FAVORITE SCENE: The last three pages. WARNING! If you are on of those people who read the last five pages before you read the first five, DON'T! Just like with Pandemonium, it will ruin a lot of the book if not all of it.
MY LEAST FAVORITE SCENE: I'm not sure. I can't pick a specific one.
MY FAVORITE CHARACTER: Tris and Tobias obviously, and then probably Christina and Cara.
MY LEAST FAVORITE CHARACTER: Jeannie. I don't even know if that's how you spell her name, but I don't care! I hate her!
WHAT AGE I RECOMMEND IT FOR: Probably twelve and up maybe thirteen and up depending on the violence. Pretty much the same 'issues' as Divergent, some swearing and lots of violence/fighting. There is some kissing, but what YA books don't have kissing in them?
RATING OUT OF FIVE: Four and a half. It would be a five, but it took me way too long to get into it.

Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment