Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Prom By: Laurie Halse Anderson Review

I read a book called Prom. I will tell you about it:

WHAT THE BOOK WAS ABOUT: Ashely Hannigan's math teacher steals all of the prom money and Ashely has to help pull the Prom back together again. But when she cuts class and doesn't pay her library fines, and she gets kicked out of the Prom, what does she do? This book has lots of ups and downs.
WHAT I LIKED: I liked that all of her brother's got along well and that all of the brothers played with the dad.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: I didn't like that the book was split up into different sections. It would say: 1. blah, blah, blah. You get the picture. And her boyfriend.
FAVORITE CHARACTER: Ashley's best friend. She just seemed to be really nice.
LEAST FAVORITE CHARACTER: Ashely's boyfriend. He was like a year older than her and just seem to be not nice at all. HE was trying to get her to do all this this stuff that was weird.
FAVORITE SCENE IN THE BOOK: When she sneaks into prom.
THE AGE THAT I RECOMMEND: Probably 11 or 12.
RATING OUT OF FIVE STARS: 2 and a half. I liked it but it wasn't my favorite one that I've read.

Poppy

No comments:

Post a Comment