Thursday, April 5, 2012

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins Review

Hi guys! Lily here again! Recently I finished the second book of the The Hunger Games Trilogy, Catching Fire. I read the first book back in October, and started Catching Fire the first week of November or so, but I had to put it down for a few months while I was really busy. I had a lot of other books to read, I had book club books and books I wanted to read before they were due back at the library and everything. So I finally finished Catching Fire and am posting a review on it.

WHAT THE BOOK WAS ABOUT: I'm not really going to say since this is the second book and I don't want to spoil anything.
WHAT I LIKED ABOUT THE BOOK: I'm going to be honest and say that the first 100 pages or so were boring to me. They didn't make much sense. And then one day I got to reading it a bit more and then the plot changer kicked in. It was awesome. I loved reading it.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE ABOUT THE BOOK: It took me literally months to get into it, about 100 pages or so. But then again I skip over a lot of detail and probably missed something.
MY FAVORITE SCENE:  The plot changing scene. I'm not going to spoil anything, but lets just say it's a shock.
MY LEAST FAVORITE SCENE: One of the beginning scenes, I dunno which one, but the beginning of the book wasn't very exciting.
MY FAVORITE CHARACTER: (SPOILER ALERT)Katniss and Peeta.
MY LEAST FAVORITE CHARACTER: Finnick. Even if he was a good guy I still hate that character.
WHAT AGE I RECOMMEND THE BOOK FOR: 11 and up, maybe 12 depending on violence issues. Just like in the first one there are deaths and blood and everything but it's not like a horror movie or anything. There are some deaths but no overly disgusting details or anything.
RATING OUT OF FIVE: Once the plot kicked in 5, before that 3.


Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment