Friday, April 27, 2012

Half - Stitched Amish Quilting Club By: Wanda E. Brunstetter Review

Hey! Poppy here! I recently read a book called: Half - Stitched Amish Quilting Club By: Wanda E. Brunstetter and I will tell you about it.




WHAT THE BOOK IS ABOUT: Amish widow Emma Yoder’s first quilt class brings the most unlikely people together. There’s Star, a young woman yearning for stability; Pam and Stuart Johnston, a struggling couple at odds in their marriage; Paul Ramirez, a young widower hoping to find solace in finishing a quilt; Jan Sweet, a rough and tough biker doing some creative community service; and Ruby Lee Williams, a preacher’s wife looking for relaxation when parish problems mount. But as these beginning quilters learn to transform scraps of material into beauty; their fragmented lives begin to take new shape with the helping hands of each other.
WHAT I LIKED: I liked everything. I really like Wanda E. Brunstetters books. I think I've read all of them.
WHAT I DIDNT LIKE: Carmen, SPOILER ALERT! who blames Paul for his wife's death.
FAVORITE CHARACTER: I think that Pam and Stuart are my favorite characters. 
LEAST FAVORITE CHARACTER: I didn't really like Star (Beatrice's) mom. She seemed like she didn't really care about Star at all.
RATING: I think i would give it a 4. I liked this book, but it wasn't like any of her other ones. 


Poppy

No comments:

Post a Comment